LinkedIn is the Social Network for Professionals, Entrepreneurs, and Managers. Because of the user network, you want your profile to stand out to make it effective. Here are some key ways to supercharge your LinkedIn profile:
- Optimize your profile– add keywords that characterize your specialization or brand. Some areas to add keywords as you build your profile include:
- Headline – this is the space that visitors see first, after your name of course. The headline should feature keywords that describe what you offer.
- Work Experience – your most current information is important and how you describe it is even more important. Use descriptive words when adding keywords in this area (i.e., “social media marketing” consultant instead of ”marketing” consultant)
- Summary – use this area to provide details on your specific brand. This is where you list the types of services you provide and what you are offering potential clients.
2. Personalized URL – Create a personalized URL for your LinkedIn Profile. Use keywords or the same name you use on other profiles that identify your brand.
3. Skills and Expertise – As you add your professional experience, don’t forget to add something more personal like human skills, abilities and characteristics.
4. Don’t forget your blog – Providing a link to your blog makes your profile more attractive to anyone viewing your profile. Remember when adding a link to your blog not to use LinkedIn’s default of “My Blog” but use the “Other” option so you can use keywords that relate to what your blog is about. The same is true for any of the three websites you highlight on your profile.
5. Ask for Recommendations –You know your strengths but asking others that you have worked with in the past to write a quick recommendation for you will only add value to your profile. If someone writes a recommendation for you, don’t forget to return the favor. Just think of how much easier it is when you give the recommendations first…
6. Groups – Joining groups is important. But adding to the discussions in groups is even better. Contribute…Join…draw people’s attention to your own brand.
7. Utilize other accounts – Use your Twitter account and blog to add to your own LinkedIn profile. You can share your relevant Tweets by adding #LI in front of your post on Twitter. Also adding select tags on blog posts makes them apparent on your LinkedIn profile.
8. Add connections – The more connections, the more opportunities you have to market your brand.
9. Videos and Slideshare – Add videos of events or information you want to promote. You can also add slides of a presentation you recently gave using Slideshare. These items will markets you as an authority in your field.
Use your LinkedIn profile to market your brand by making your profile stand out. Using these tips can supercharge your profile and provide a positive experience as you market your brand.
Did you find these tips useful? What is the one take away that you are going to implement into your LinkedIn profile as a result of the tips shared here? Please leave it in the comments below…
Let’s connect on LinkedIn! Please reach out at http://linkedin.com/in/urvimehta
Do you know someone that can benefit from these tips? Please share this post with them to help them supercharge their LinkedIn Marketing. Thank you